Project Manager for EmbodyXR®
We are seeking a project manager for c.1 day a week over a 7 month period, to support the delivery of exciting new digital project EmbodyXR.
EmbodyXR® is an immersive Virtual Reality dance art experience, aimed at raising mental health awareness & mitigating anxiety in Young People aged 13-25. Having matured from a Proof of Concept phase, we will now be delivering a midlands regional tour across Coventry, Nuneaton, Leicester & Birmingham, involving specific groups from schools, universities & libraries. Each group will play a pivotal role in the project’s co-creation, as we work alongside these audiences/participants, our artists, designers, and partners to realise our ambitions. Our future roadmap includes strategic business modelling so longer term we can develop an international version of EmbodyXR®, for play at home release on App stores.
Job role details
The Project Manager will support the delivery of the company’s programme with a specific focus on EmbodyXR® project in a number of ways:
- Working alongside Creative Director Oliver Scott who will lead the project, to deliver on the outcomes of the project
- Nurturing relationships and liaising with all partners and artists involved in the project
- Attending meetings with partners and collaborators
- Creating Schedules and managing logistics of these
- Producing and collecting contracts from artists and collaborators
- Supporting project delivery in various locations in person
- Liaising with communities in their local areas
- Managing budgets alongside the Artistic Director
- Ensuring all documentation for the project is produced and delivered on time
- Supporting Communication and marketing strategies
- Support reporting to funders and Board Trustees
- Support media documentation of the project
- Anything else the project may require and other company projects as directed
Mercurial Dance is an equal opportunities organisation and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Education: Degree in Arts Management, Project Management, Business Administration, or related field. Proven experience in project management within the arts/creative industries.
Project Management skills
- Minimum 2 years experience of managing projects from start to finish with a flexible approach
- Demonstrable experience of planning, executing and overseeing successful arts projects
- Creating and managing schedules
- Building and managing partner relationships
- Budget management experience
- Experience of drafting contracts
- Experience working with a diverse range of communities and/or artists
- Digital Literacy: familiarity of use with tools, systems and platforms relevant and appropriate to the organization including social media, online ticketing and project management tools.
- The ability to both work on own initiative and with other team members
- Understanding of basic marketing strategies to support a project like this
- Understanding and knowledge of the arts sector including funding mechanisms, key stakeholders, currenttrends and issues in the cultural landscape
- Experience of project management in arts sector/film/XR/games
- Experience of project development, fundraising, proposal writing
- A strong network of relevant contacts to bring to benefit the company’s objectives
Genuine passion and commitment to arts and culture
Adaptability: an ability to work flexibly in changing environments Collaborative spirit: able to work collaboratively with a freelance team Attention to detail especially with project planning and execution
If you would like to find out more about the role then please call Oliver on 07884 068108. To apply please send your CV including two referees and an expression of interest (no more than 2 sides of A4 or a video clip no longer than 3 minutes) as to why you would like the role to firstname.lastname@example.org putting “Project Manager Call” in the subject line.
The role will be offered initially as a fixed freelance self-employed contract. We anticipate this role will expand as current business development plans are realized to c. 0.5 FTE.
The role is Hybrid: In person and remote working required
There is an expectation that work delivery is balanced over a week to suit project demands and ensureprompt & effective communication.
Monday 29 January 2024 18:00
Monday 5 February in person at our offices, in Coventry CV1 4LH (hybrid possible)
Fee negotiable based on experience and skills. Inclusive of VAT where applicable