Ofsted Mentioned our Aspire week at Oasis Academy Hobmoor
“Teachers make good use of focus weeks, such as ‘Aspire’ week, to encourage pupils to have high expectations of what they can achieve in life. They use visits and visitors particularly well to provide pupils with meaningful experiences that enrich their learning.” Ofsted March 2015
Oasis Academy Hobmoor as gone from RI to GOOD in just 18 months!Aspire Week Highlights (above, 3mins) and Aspire Week mini documentary (below, 12mins)
Aspire week really addresses SMSC “Pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is promoted well” Ofsted March 2015 on Oasis Academy Hobmoor
We Are Dreaming Bigger Dreams for The Future
We recently produced ASPIRE! week at Oasis Hobmoor in Yardley. During this highly engaging week for the whole school, we drew together Guest Speakers and workshops, each day themed around a different area of society and aspirations for life in Modern Britain.
– a keynote by young entrepreneur and UK Young Ambassador to Europe Blessing Maregere
– with Steve Chalke and The Feast bringing together Muslim and Christian perspectives on how faith supports aspiration
Arts and Culture
– Artists Jo Roberts and Ursula Westwood worked with the children and other groups went to Ikon gallery to study Imran qureshi’s work
– leaders from our community groups talked about the steps they took towards the local park, and children took learning walks round their local community looking at things they can change today.
– led by John Hemming MP who worked with the pupil parliament
Through this week we launched blogging in the school and the whole week is documented with videos and pictures
“That was my best week in school, as i got inspired” Year 5 child
If you would like us to organise an Aspire week in your school then