Mercurial Dance seeks a marketing and communications officer to deliver its marketing and comms strategy. You will hold particular knowledge and expertise in delivering social media strategies and have experience of working with arts, festivals or games sectors.
Mercurial Dance is a focused creative company producing innovative work in the arts sector. With performance, education and digital strands we are taking the company into a new marketplace as we launch new dance led content for XR/VR/AR platforms. This autumn we soft launched Fame Game a new immersive outdoor adventure game played on mobile phones in Birmingham City Centre, and have subsequent new digital work in development. It is an exciting time to be connecting with the company.
You will be responsible for;
- promoting the company’s work
- building audiences
- gathering ‘behind the scenes’ content
- ongoing management and maintenance (including responding appropriately to comments/posts) across all social media platforms including, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Vimeo and any others we may begin to use
- Producing and monitoring advertisements where necessary across social media platforms
- Producing newsletters
- Keeping up to date mailing lists
- Editing website content
- Producing basic designs for social media content
Key skills and desirable experience;
- Delivery of social media led marketing campaigns and experience of using all popular social media platforms
- Experience of SEO and targeted ads
- Content creation skills including ability to work with photoshop and simple video editing skills
- Copywriting for social media
- Experience on wordpress, mailchimp and other marketing platforms
- Can maintain a professional approach at all times
- Can manage work effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Able to work both in a team environment, at company offices and remotely
Undertaken google garage/similar SEO training.
£32,500-£42,000 PA pro rata equivalent.
Initially 1 day per week, with potential to scale as company/events requires
Contract is offered on a freelance, self-employed basis.
Please send the following to info [ at ] mercurialdance.co.uk
*1 page covering letter
*CV with examples/links to work clearly identifying role
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are an equal opportunities employer.
*Please let us know if you need support with your application or require the information in a different format.
Deadline for Applications Sunday 12th December 23:59
Interviews w/c 13 December
Start January 2022.