Recruiting Dance Artists
Route 10 Education Programme
Location: Birmingham, UK
We are expanding our team and looking for dance artists to join us. We are recruiting for a current project but are also interested in hearing from dance artists for future opportunities. We are recruiting
for lead artists and supporting artist roles.
Current Project, Route 10 Dance Film
w/c 15 March (3 days)
Monday 29 March – Friday 9 April (8 days – excluding easter weekend) You need to be available for all dates
Deadline 26 February
We are recruiting a dance artist to join our team for an Easter Holiday dance film project with vulnerable children at a Birmingham community hub. Work will be face to face with a small bubble of children over the easter group, and you’ll be working with the Mercurial team.
● You will be dance trained to professional level.
● Have experience of teaching children (primary ages 7-11)
● Confirmation that you hold or are willing to have an enhanced disclosure check (DBS) –
safeguarding training will be provided
● You can offer up to date relevant work references
● Are willing to work in person with the children adhering to covid workplace guidelines
● Are a good communicator and team worker
We are also accepting expressions of interest for forthcoming dates tbc Summer and Autumn terms 2021. Our education programme Every Child Is An Artist is ongoing throughout the year and we are looking for lead freelance dance artists with experience in teaching primary school aged children.
Every Child Is An Artist is a nationally groundbreaking programme to develop the artistic skills and abilities of all the children in our partner primary schools, across the different art disciplines. We are developing an arts curriculum in our primary schools delivered by practicing artists, working at the forefront of arts educational practice. Each term we work towards an exhibition or event that connects with the childrens’ friends and families.
Salary Range: Lead artists £175-£220 per day dependent on experience and role Supporting dance artists £125-£150 per day dependent on experience and role
How to apply
To apply, please email us a CV and 1 page letter of introduction detailing:
● Information about yourself, dance style and your educational approach
● State if you are interested in lead or supporting artists roles
● Your relevant experience including age group specific examples
● Confirmation that you hold, or are willing to have an enhanced disclosure check (DBS)
● The stated fee is inclusive and will be offered on a self-employed basis.
Anyone contracted will
need to evidence eligibility to work in the UK and can offer current work references.
Submissions sent to email> info [at] mercurialdance.co.uk. If you are interested and available for the current project, then please write ‘Route 10 Dance Film’ and the role you are interested in, in the email subject line. To express an interest in joining our ongoing education work, please write ‘Every Child Is An Artist’ and the role you are interested in, in the subject line.
We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and are an equal opportunities employer.