Audition: Monday 25 November 2019
Applications asap, but before: Monday 18 November, 5pm
Mercurial Dance are looking for a spoken word performer with Dance/Break skills for their latest work ‘The City Breathes’.
‘The City Breathes’ will be a trio, featuring two dancers and a spoken word performer. The piece is a response to the health challenges that we face in our cities, and speaks to how mindfulness and connection are important pathways on our journeys towards healing and well-being.
What we are looking for:
- A spoken word artist who has experience of performing dance, break/hip-hop or physical theatre
- We are ideally looking to integrate all three performers, so spoken word performers who can dance are particularly welcome
- People who are able to working collaboratively within a creative process, which will be highly movement led
- Performers with additional skills e.g. beatboxing
- Poetry/writing skills are helpful but not essential
We particularly welcome expressions of interest from BAME and regional artists (Birmingham/Midlands).
This audition is closed, with short-listing by show-reel/CV so application is essential.
Please note that we have already cast the dancers so are not looking for applications for these roles.
Dates you need to be available for…
Monday 25thNov: audition day, central Birmingham
Thursday/Friday 12th/13 December, development day(s) tbc
Monday 6thJanuary – 1stFebruary rehearsal and initial performance period
- Note: you won’t be required for the entire rehearsal period so please still contact us if you are interested and are available for most of the rehearsal period, stating availability. Please also contact us if you are interested but can’t make the audition day.
- Rehearsals will take place in Coventry.
- This is a paid role at £500 pw/£100 per day offered as a freelance contract.
- No relocation fee is available.
To apply please email Oliver Scott asap on email@example.com, with a one page CV, a link to performance footage, a photo for recognition and confirmation of your availability for all of the dates listed above.